Monday, February 14, 2011

My Funny Valentine


Here's one of the many poems I'll be giving to my wife tonight, and one of the few I can share on this blog. I just thought some of you might like to know how I feel about my wife since she will be working late and we won't be going out to dinner or exchanging gifts or doing anything kinky or remotely romantic. Hope the rest of you have a great Valentine's day and really enjoy yourselves.


Lost & Found

There are so many things I've lost
Since you have been with me:
My time, my freedom, and my cash,
And my virginity.

I've lost my mind a hundred times
And many days ill spent
Going places that you loved
Where I wasn't glad we went.

I've lost great sums of cash, for sure,
And inclined the bulk to you
For this and that, and some of those,
So you could purchase new.

Still, all in all, I've found much more
Than I have likely given
Since you are valued, and you've made
My life almost worth livin'.

You've get the checkbook and the cash
And I, a better life.
And honey, you can have it all
As long as you're my wife.

No comments: