Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Full Monty


A few days ago I was reading another author's bio online where, in a fit of braggadocio, the author noted all of the books he had "contributed" to as well as written whole.

Now that I'm snowed in and have time on my hands (and a wife who is still writing and grading papers), I thought it might be fun to take a trip down memory lane and see how many books I have contributed to. I had to do some digging in the closets and some scrounging among the dusty bookshelves, but I did manage to create this comprehensive list of those books that contain at least one of my essays or stories. Nineteen total . . . although the Bridges volumes (3) are indeed mine entirely--and I recall writing all three volumes over a three month period in a frenzied pace to meet a deadline that another writer could not meet. (I got the job after a late-night phone call from a distraught editor who begged me to write the books--and it's where I first learned how to write F-A-S-T and L-O-O-S-E. A book-a-month . . . that was my beginning and I've never stopped!) The Bridges volumes are mine free-and-clear, they just don't have my name on the cover, and so I have never counted them among my book totals. Still, here's my full monty:

Profiles in Teaching (UI Press, forthcoming)
The Ultimate Mom (HCI, 2009)
The Ultimate Teacher (HCI, 2009)
The Ultimate Christmas (HCI, 2008)
Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul, Daily Inspirations (HCI, 2005)
Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul (HCI, 2004)
Games for All Ages (Group, 2002)
Jumpstarters (Group, 2001)
Alpha Centauri Science Fiction Anthology for Children (2001)
Pointmaker Object Lessons (Group, 2000)
Sunday School Attendance Boosters (Group, 2000)
Gigantic Book of Games (Group, 1999)
Gigantic Book of Games Vol. 2 (Group, 1999)
Training Youth For Leadership (Group, 1999)
Leaning Toward Christmas (Abingdon, 1998)
Worship Ideas for Youth Ministry (Group, 1997)
Bridges for Persons With Mental Retardation, Vol.3 (Abingdon, 1997)
Bridges for Persons With Mental Retardation, Vol.2 (Abingdon, 1997)
Bridges for Persons With Mental Retardation, Vol. 1 (Abingdon, 1997)


No comments: