Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Interview Questions


Last week I received a request from one of my publishers for a mock Q & A document that could be used for television and radio shows to promote my upcoming book. (Of course, this is assuming I actually do any television or radio interviews!)

I always find it difficult to write these Q & A documents because they either come off sounding arrogant, self-serving, or full of hot air. But, well, here goes:

Q: Where did you get the idea for this book?
A: From a dream. This was also the same dream that revealed to me two winning lotto numbers and what my wife would be cooking for dinner that night.

Q: What is this book about?
A: It's all about me: my wardrobe, my gas mileage, my grooming habits. Stuff like that. There's an entire chapter devoted to my sock drawer. Fascinating stuff.

Q: Tell us a bit about yourself as the author.
A: Okay, well . . . I am slightly near-sighted, but have recently purchased three pair of reading glasses from Wal-Mart. Got a three-pack for $7.15. I argue with my son daily. Oh, and I also have one of the largest collections of John Wesley letter-openers in North America! And, finally, I do cook potato soup at least once a week for the entire family. They hate me.

Q: Why should anyone buy this book?
A: Perhaps they shouldn't! In fact, this book should be banned! Anyone reading this book could, in fact, get killed . . . or worse. My publisher did ask me to create some hype, so I hope this might do the trick. People usually buy books that are dangerous, and this is an underground title that has deep ramifications for the future of the world. Steer clear!

Q: Where can a person buy this book?
A: Readers can purchase the book at participating Long John Silvers, at most 7-11 convenience stores, and out of the trunk of my car. Pirated copies can also be obtained in Hong Kong and Buenes Aires.

No comments: