Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Beijing Book


I was curious to know if other translations of my books were available online. To my surprise, they were. But then, why not? One can find and buy most anything online these days, I had no trouble locating Chinese bookstores that were carrying the Mandarin translation of Candles in the Dark. Well, I assume this is Candles in the Dark.

I have often wondered how many copies have been sold in Chinese (could I say that my books have sold a million copies?) since there are, of course, a lot of people in China.

Later this week, I'll try to find an answer to this question . . . but book sales and stats are difficult to come by. Publishers seem to guard these numbers as closely as Tiger Woods guards his text messages, so, it may take some digging and a bit of help from NBC, but I'll get to the bottom of this mystery.

I'm also going to try to locate a Chinese copy of my book, Before You Say "I Do", which was translated into Chinese more than a decade ago. However, I don't have a copy of this book on my shelves, and it's been driving me crazier than Miss Daisy just thinking about what the cover might look like.

Next blog: other languages I wish I could be published in. Don't miss it.

No comments: