Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Blogology 101


In recent weeks I have taken to interacting with other bloggers, trying to parlay this blog into another stratosphere of awareness and readership. But with millions of blogs floating around out there, it's a tough business.

One thing I have noted though . . . I'm a traditionalist. I still try to use the English language in my blog. I at least attempt to communicate through the socially-acceptable forms and fonts of correct language. And yet, I am oddly drawn to those bloggers who write like:

ijustwannatellyouallaboutsomethinthathappenedtomelastweekwhileIwasatthegrocerystoreandthisladycomesuptomeandasksforadollar.Would youhelpherifyouwereme?

Now, if you can read this, or want to read this--more power to you, honey. Me? I'll stick with English.

Or how about those bloggers who include more photos and images than words? (Do you like my turkey photo?) Actually, that's me as a child when I had a ruddy complexion and was suffering from the mumps. Not pretty, huh?

Or how about those bloggers who have more advertisements and twitter-links than words? I'm jealous of them. How did they get sponsors?

Next blog, I'll tell you about my attempts to get sponsors for this blog and why I failed. It's a fascinating story.

No comments: