Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Publication Dates


Yesterday I received a great deal of "pre-publication" feedback about my book: $5 Youth Ministry. The reviews were ranging . . . as all reviews are.

One reviewer thought I had avoided the "cheesy-youth-ministry-book-factor" quite well, which was, of course, my intent all along. I love cheese, cheddar particularly, but I don't want to put any cheese in my books. I know what the reviewer was talking about--as I've read my share of cheesy books--and I was glad to learn that I had avoided lactose.

Another reviewer thought I had assembled a massive collection of helpful/practical ideas. Which, again, was my goal.

Publication date?

I asked the lead editor this question yesterday and learned that August 1 is the "ideal" date. And if that date pans out, this will, no doubt, be the fastest book I have ever written (from actual concept, submission, production, and into print and onto the bookshelves.) If the August 1 date holds up, I think the whole kit-n-caboodle was completed in less than 9 months. Eb-eb-ebedeeeeee . . . that's fast, folks!

No comments: