Thursday, May 28, 2009

Paddle


A few weeks ago I read Paddle Indiana--a book published by a small firm that is a type of guidebook to the waterways of the Hoosier state. I noted that White Lick creek is not profiled in the book, but Becky and I paddled down White Lick creek last night nonetheless.

We put in at our house and put out at the church. (I'm talking about our kayaks, folks, not . . . well.) It was a nice little trip, with only one portage along the way. And how did we get home? I'll let MasterCard tell you . . .

Cost of Text Books at Ball State: $850

Cost of 1st Year at Ball State: $18,895

Having Your soon-to-be-twenty-year-old-daughter pick you and your wife up in an old station wagon in the church parking lot that she wouldn't be caught driving otherwise: Priceless

No comments: