Thursday, May 7, 2009

Book Dedication


I've always found it difficult to write a book dedication . . . even the one line dedication in the front page of a book. Now that I've dedicated three books to my wife, three or four to my kids, one to my parents, two to my grandmother, and yes, even one to my in-laws . . . it's getting creative.

For School's Out, I simply dedicated the book: To Calvary United Methodist Church. That covers everyone. That, and I've signed over all of my royalties to Calvary, too . . . so I hope the sales will be brisk.

I've often wanted to dedicate books in a way that would be wholly unique, too. For example, how about:

To the woman in Dunkin' Donuts who took my job . . . go dunk yourself!

To the mechanic who changes the oil in my 1991 Caprice wagon . . . I left a tip under the floor mat (those dimes and nickels are yours)!

To the driving instructor at A+ who works with my son . . . you got nerve, buddy!

To all the people who throw McDonalds sacks in my yard every week . . . I ain't lovin' it!



2 comments:

Michelle Kallock Knight said...

Have you dedicated anything to your son's pet spider yet?

Todd Outcalt said...

To the Brownsburg pet shop, for taking the big hairy thing off my hands (not talking about my wife)!