Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Name on Google


The other day I took the liberty of typing my own name in a Google search. I was astounded at how many "hits" there were for TODD OUTCALT. But I didn't have time to really look through all of those hits and ponder what they might mean.

Today I sat down (after mowing the lawn) to peruse some of the 650+ "hits" that were produced when I typed in my name on the Google search. Some of the weird ones led me to the New York City Marathon web site and to a theatrical trailer for a children's theatre production. Odd, both . . . especially since I have never run in a marathon in my life (I hate running) and have no plans to ever run for anything, including any political office. And as for the children's theatre, I had written some children's skits years ago, which were indeed published, but I thought no one would have the audacity to actually stage any of them!

Most of the "hits" were book covers, author photos, and a veritable cornucopia of Wittenberg Door back issues--a magazine I contributed to for more than two decades but which is now, sadly to say, out of business.
Lord, I do miss THE DOOR. Please come back. I need a regular outlet for my religiously-hyped imagination and warped humor.

No comments: