Monday, May 11, 2009

My Writing Friends


Every now and again I receive an email or a postcard from someone I have known because of a writing association. (I'm not a part of any writing association, mind you--I hate clubs and I have far too many meetings in my life to want to clutter my life with more of them!)

But this past week I joined Facebook. And right away I've received a few emails from other writers who ask things like:

How's it going?
What are you writing these days?
Are you still a loser?

I write back and tell them things like:

I just signed a million dollar contract with PIXAR to have one of my books published as an animated short. Watch for it in theatres.

or

I am not a loser . . . in fact, have you seen the new Star Trek movie? Who do you think wrote the screenplay for that baby?

With all the crazy things that are floating around out there on Facebook these days, who's gonna know the difference?
(P.S., I have never watched a single episode of Friends in my life. No kidding. But the women sure are purty ain't they?)

No comments: