Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My 2010 Reading List


I'm already hard at work making out my reading list for 2010 . . . and I've already found a rather large stack of books I intend to pile on my desk very soon. But here's a short list of some of the odds-on-favorites right now:

The Great Fire--a history book about the largest fire in U.S. history during the days of Teddy Roosevelt. Sounds hot!

And Here's the Kicker--a book by Mike Sacks featuring conversations with comedy writers.

This Odd and Wondrous Calling--a book about two pastors (one male, one female) and their public and private lives. This could be really good or really awful. But I'll reserve judgment until I read it.

A People's History of the United States--sounds interesting to me.

Beavers--a book about the critters that are chewing down my trees along White Lick creek. I want to write about beavers in 2010.

When the Game Was Ours--a book by Larry Bird and "Magic" Johnson about their games through college and the NBA.

Pops--a biography of Louis Armstrong, one of my favorite singers

Look at the Birdie--a posthumous collection of unpublished stories written by Kurt Vonnegut, a writer I read religiously in college, and an Indiana native.

This is just a start . . . but I'm ready to get going on my new reading list. And as for writing . . . I've got a list there, too. But that's another blog.

No comments: