Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Kringles & Jingles


Okay, I couldn't help it. A few weeks ago, I penned these limericks for Christmas. Enjoy them. And if you are offended, just read on to the last limerick. (At least you'll know I am aware of my own deficiencies.)




Two elves from the region of Clay
Went on strike to protest their low pay
Said one, "I'm intent
To blackmail The Gent
And hold as collateral his sleigh."


On the night before Christmas Eve
Mrs. Santa said, "Hey, I believe
That I'm pregnant or I'm
A bit late for my time,
But I didn't know I could conceive."


Elves say (though with some remorse)
That the Claus is a sexual force:
And yes, it is true,
Saint Nick's fathered a few.
(Which is why he's so jolly, of course!)


This author wrote verses--some slick--
And others penned terribly quick
To make some folks coo,
"I'm offended by you
When you poke fun at jolly Saint Nick!"

No comments: