Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Googling Me . . . Again


It's weird . . . but every now and then I "Google" my own name. Yesterday, however, when I typed in "Todd Outcalt" in the image search, I found over 2400 images that were attached to my name. Most of these images were book covers (my books), or book reviews, or web sites associated with my books, or magazine articles I had written over the last 25 years.

But this guy also popped up. Wow. I have a twin out there. There's another "Todd Outcalt". Can you believe it?

Turns out (when I did further research on this impostor) that this fake Todd Outcalt is a graduate of Emory and Auburn University, that he also has a business degree, and is a General Manager at Airline Transport Professionals in Jacksonville, Florida.

Not too shabby for an impostor.

But, just in case people are getting the two us confused, let me set the record straight. The real Todd Outcalt lives in Brownsburg, IN. He used to be 6, 2" tall, at his best weighed in at a whopping 240 pounds, but has now shrunk to a paltry 6, 1" and weighs a measly 220, even while consuming a dozen donuts per week. He is a graduate of Indiana State and Duke. At forty-nine years of age, he pees about a dozen times a day and still doesn't drink enough water. He writes an average of five pages of material per day (about 2500 words).

And his goal in life? To move to Jacksonville, Florida, where he longs to become an airline transport expert.

No comments: