Thursday, December 24, 2009

All I Want For Christmas . . . Part 1


For the past three months I've been waiting on the good word from Health Communications (my publisher in Florida . . . and oh, how I'd love to be in Florida now that winter is here!). At long last the word arrived yesterday . . . dragging along with it some additional work. But that's okay, I'm glad to do this work because I'd been asking for this Christmas gift for some time.

As it's shaping up, I'll be reading galley proofs of my next-to-be-published book: The Ultimate Christian Living. I'm very excited about this one. The book will hit bookstores on March 1, 2010 and will include essays by or about such nationally-known luminaries such as Rick Warren, Max Lucado, Bill Graham (written by yours truly) and Bishop Will Willimon. I also solicited some fantastic essays from others like Rev. Linda McCoy (who pastors The Garden, St. Lukes, Indianapolis).

So . . . I'll begin on Christmas day, after giving my gifts to the kids. One of the great things about having older children now is that they don't care about opening presents any more, and we actually have to rouse them out of bed on Christmas morning. They'll open their gifts, and then go back to bed for the rest of the day. Hurrah! Free afternoon for me and Becky!

Once the excitement is over, I'll begin reading the galleys for the book . . . I'm the first reader!!! I get to proof it, but most of all, enjoy it.

Revisit me on Christmas day and I'll tell you how I'm coming along with my work on The Ultimate Christian Living. Jesus would be proud . . . I'm gonna work my butt off on his birthday sharing this gift with others.

No comments: