Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Christmas Eve Sermon


Tonight I will be putting the finishing touches on my Christmas Eve message . . . a short story, or parable, that I have been working on for about a year. What's been tough about this one is the trimming (just like trimming a tree). I had to continually cut off the dead ends of the story, all of the excess words, all of the sentences that didn't belong.

But I think I have a nice piece that will read well and will, hopefully, be inspiring and insightful on Christmas Eve. Anyway . . . it should be fun.

As my schedule is shaping up now, I may also have time to write on Christmas day. But should I? I think I started this year's Christmas Eve message last Christmas . . . so maybe this year, Christmas 2009 . . . I'll get a head start on 2010.

If the fates allow!

No comments: