Thursday, November 5, 2009

Got Faith?


Flying back from California last week, I read the entirety of Mitch Albom's new book: Have a Little Faith. Albom's other books have also been best-sellers, including Tuesdays with Morrie, The Five People You Meet in Heaven, and For One More Day.

I liked Have a Little Faith. It's a book that I will likely use for sermon illustrations and other talks, and our little book study breakfast group will be tacking the title in January. So . . . I'm ready to discuss.

Albom's books have also incited a few parodies over the years (I love parodies). And one of the best titles I've seen here is: The Five Jerks You Meet on Earth.

Actually, everyone knows a few jerks. (This is a fact if you know me!)

But if I were going to parody Albom's latest book, I might write a title that would reflect the realities of my life. Titles like:

Have a Little Coffee
Have a Little Toilet Paper
Have a Little Sleep
Have a Little Savings Account
Have a Little Donut
Have a Little Leftovers
Have a Little Time With Your Wife
Have a Little Gasoline in Your Junk Car
Have a Little Time to Write

No comments: