Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gladwell? Well . . . Glad


This weekend I completed my reading of Malcolm Gladwell's latest book (and the NY Times #1 Bestseller): What the Dog Saw. Gladwell, the towering-haired writer for the New Yorker magazine, has written four consecutive bestsellers, including The Tipping Point, Blink, and Outliers. I've enjoyed, and learned from, each one.

What the Dog Saw is a collection of Gladwell's New Yorker essays--an eclectic blend of work that demonstrates Gladwell's incredible range as a writer, interviewer and researcher. Gladwell always captivates.

Although I enjoyed the first three of Gladwell's titles, I especially appreciated the blend of topics found in What the Dog Saw (the title of which comes from Gladwell's essay about Cesar Millan, the "Dog Whisperer").

This was a great book . . . and I'm glad I saw it.

No comments: