Monday, November 9, 2009

Good Morning?


It has happened again. This morning (was it morning?) I awoke from a dead-head sleep with a head full of book titles and ideas. And so, here I sit, having already written my mandatory emails to the powers that be and taking a break after typing like a madman on two new book proposals.

First, I was startled from sleep when I realized that I'd been trying to write up a new book proposal under the wrong title. I dreamed the new title, and I wrote my editor to say, "Hey, I've thought of the new title, and this has to be it. After all, I dreamed it!" She probably thinks I'm a fruitcake, but so does Becky (who is still asleep) so what else is new?

And I also thought of a new youth ministry book title that would be perfect for GROUP. I've gotta get this one done pronto . . . as in hours, not days . . . and when I send the idea along to my guys in Loveland, Colorado, I know they are gonna go ga-ga. Hope they'll pay me!

But, by God-of-brown-gravy, I'm up so early this morning (is it morning yet?) that I've got time to go to the gym to hoist a few tons of weight when the gym doors open at 5 a.m., get back home before Becky rises, and I can even make another pot of coffee.

Anyway . . . good morning. Welcome to a new day.

No comments: