Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Most Boring Man in the World . . . Again

A week from today my wife and I will celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary.  We have nothing planned.  And believe me, nothing will happen.

It's not that I don't have plans.  It's just that my plans don't include high-octane activities such as dining out, traveling, or spending the night at a Red Roof Inn.  Our anniversary will consist of work, a pot of coffee, and perhaps some conversation around making out.  But it's just a rumor.

It's likely my wife shares my son's sentiment that I am "the most boring man in the world."  Could be.  But if I am, I want this commercial voice-over:

He can open a can of franks and beans with his eyes closed . . .
When his car starts in the morning, he considers it a good day . . .
When his wife kisses his cheek, he turns the other one . . .
When he takes his wife out to a high class restaurant, he orders the slider supreme . . . 
When he speaks, people wonder why . . .
His favorite hobby is cleaning up cat puke . . .

He is . . . the most boring man in the world . . .

Keep writing, my friends!

No comments: