Thursday, August 25, 2011

Am I Really This Boring?

A few folks have wanted to know if I am really as boring as my wife says I am.  Short answer: I'm even more boring than that . . . especially when I'm writing.  To prove it, this will be the last time I blog on my boredom, but I'm mesmerized by the Dos Equis ("Two crosses" in Spanish) man.  And after beginning a writing session at 10 p.m. last night, I have certainly lived into the role and earned it.

My newest commercial would affirm:

When he writes, he uses Times New Roman typeface . . .
As a child, his father used him for hours as a remote control to toggle back-and-forth between two TV channels . . .
As a teenager, he could only dream of kissing a girl . . . and has still kissed only one (in his dreams) . . .
He has conceived two children and has had sex an equal number of times . . .
When his bishop calls, he apologizes for dialing a wrong number . . .
All of his published material contains the word "The" in the titles . . .
He is . . .  the most boring man in the world . . . 

Keep writing, my friends!

No comments: