Monday, September 27, 2010

Just Me and My Agent


Now and again people ask me: "Do you have a literary agent?" As a matter of fact, I do. Cynthia and I have worked together now for about a year and she has been very good to me and very good for me. In fact, I know we will meet with some success very soon.

Recently I also learned that I have some clout.

Cynthia has made it a point to take only non-fiction work, but a few days back, after some lengthy discussion, I convinced her to try her hand at representing my fiction. My novels, in particular.

But how do you tell your agent that you have written MANY novels? In fact, my novels are piled up on my computer, and in my closet, like piles of wood. I've got mounds of them. I've got stacks of novels. I've got novels written over the top of stacks mounded on piles of novels.

Still, I'm sending her my best ones . . . the ones that I think stand the best chance of success in this "crowded market" (as editors love to point out). "Take a chance on me," I told Cynthia a few days ago.

Funny thing was, when I asked her to do this, I was singing it like an ABBA tune. I doubt she noticed.

No comments: