Monday, September 20, 2010

I Said "NO"


Perhaps I'm becoming more reclusive, or maybe it's because I really don't have anything to say, but I did say "NO" to two requests for interviews last week. I'm not sure what to make of these requests. I continue to think that these radio hosts must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if they want to interview me.

What would we talk about? God? Jesus? Writing? That's essentially my holy trinity, but there are others who want to wax on about God and can do a much better job than I. And I really feel strange talking about Jesus--as if he is some commodity we barter to sell ideas and goods (just watch TV if you don't think THIS IS SO . . . the politicos, the talking heads, and the televangelists have Jesus on a string). And as for writing . . . I'd much rather be doing it than talking about it. Same thing with sex with my wife. Better to stay in practice than focus on theory. I can do theory when I'm eighty and can't remember where to find my zipper.

Let this be a lesson to you boys'n girls. Just say no to radio interviews. Say yes to LOVE.

And as for writing, remember: A writer always writes!

No comments: