Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Goaaaalllll!!!!


At the beginning of the year I set several goals for myself, including writing four books in 2010. I'm going to achieve the goal of writing four books . . . but unfortunately, I doubt I will have four books accepted for publication. The writing and the publishing of books are two very different things!

As I've aged, I've had to temper my expectations a bit when it comes to print. I can easily write four books a year, year after year. In fact, one year I actually had five books published, and another year, three . . . but the difficulties of carrying this out on a consistent basis have become more pronounced. Still, I do have several book proposals floating around out there, and there are still four months left in 2010. So, it could happen.

Nevertheless, I have to admit that I've missed this goal for 2010. I have failed. I am weak. I have missed the mark once again.

But let this be a lesson to all you boys and girls. I'm not lowering the bar for 2011. I'm upping it. As I look ahead, I'm going to set a goal for five books in 2011. I'll write them. Not doubt about that. But I'm also hoping for five contracts, too.

Put me in, coach. I'm ready to sign.

No comments: