Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More From the Vault


I'll crack the vault door open a bit wider today. I didn't have much time to read last night, but I did find a couple more silly poems in that old book I'd written for my kids. I think Chelsey, in particular, liked these two (less my drawings):
TOMMY TARGET'S TAPEWORM
Tommy Target had a tapeworm
That was nearly ten feet long.
It stretched from pancreas and liver
To his duodenum.
And no matter what Tommy Target ate
He couldn't get any fatter,
Because the tapeworm at it first
Before it reached his bladder.
(Kind of makes you want to eat your peas and carrots, doesn't it?)


TWO PEAS IN A POD
Sue and Sal
Were two peas in a pod.
Sue was blue!
Sal was red!
Not isn't that odd?
Sal said to Sue:
"I wish I were blue."
And Sue said to Sal:
"I wish I were red."
And that's all they said.
Do you know what happened?
Sal turned blue!
Sue turned red!
And then they looked
At each other and said:
"Sal, you're blue!"
"Sue, you're red!"
Now aren't they odd,
Sal and Sue,
Two peas in a pod?

(Kind of makes you want to just eat the carrots, doesn't it?)

No comments: