Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Conference Call

Last week I finally had the talk. The one I've been waiting for. The call.

I found myself on the phone with . . . count 'em . . . four editors. Each one offered opinions and insights about the book I am writing for GROUP publishing in Loveland, CO. I'm about 2/3 of the way through the book, but now I know where I am going. I have everything from a contract, to a plan, to a deadline. I'm glad I continued to write on this book even though I'd not talked voice to voice or face to face with anyone for two months.

Essentially, I've got five weeks to produce this book. They are very excited about it. So am I. I've never had a team of editors calling to spur me along like a racehorse.

Last night I wrote fourteen pages of great material, and at this rate, working every night at that pace, I'll blow the deadline away and have the book completed by the end of February. Anyway, that's MY deadline and I'm sticking to it.

Old Sparky is still holding up under the smoking keyboard. But I actually have a plan to purchase a new Dell laptop in a few weeks. Hang in there, boy! Help is on the way!

No comments: