Thursday, February 19, 2009

Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah

There's a hymn I've never sung, but the title intrigues me: Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah. I often feel this prayer emerging when I am writing like mad to meet a deadline.

In my case, I'm also praying, "Guide me, O thou team of editors." Yesterday I received another batch of email guidance from the "team", each offering their insights and expertise on my manuscript. Overall, I'm in fantastic shape. As I gauge an honest assessment of my pace, I'm going to have a first draft of 200 pages completed by the end of the month and then they can have at me again for a second rewrite in March.

I wrote from 9 to 11:30 last night, got fifteen more high-quality pages completed as I faded in and out of consciousness and focus as I helped my son with his algebra homework (what a combo!), and didn't even touch a cup of coffee. I was also proud of myself yesterday. I only had one donut, even though there were boxes available to me. I guess Jehovah is guiding my appetite, at least.

No comments: