Sunday, February 8, 2009

Catching Up

Sunday afternoon and evening I played catch up to some reading and writing . . . books and work I have wanted to complete for a long time.

On the reading front, I'm finally out of the gate reading Niall Ferguson's massive history of the economy: The Ascent of Money: A Financial History of the World. Ferguson is one of those world -renowned historians whose work has been at the top of my reading list for a long time. I'm glad to finally get started on this one.

And I was also able to find a start to a short story that I've been wanting to write for over two years. I've had the story in my head for months, mulling it over, composing entire paragraphs and strings of dialogue from memory, and it was nice to finally get around to committing it to a floppy disk before Alzheimers sets in and removes my ability to remember where I live.

I didn't get the nap I was wanting, but I was able to take a nice walk with Becky and admire all of the houses that are still for sale. Not a bad Sunday when I think about it.

No comments: