Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another Wow Day

As I write this, it's closing in on midnight (Wed.) regardless of what the time says on this blog (which is always wrong). This is the first chance I've had today to check my voice mails, my emails, and to open mail . . . and, wow . . . more writing than I can shake a stick at.

First, I open a letter from the Upper Room informing me that they are going to publish two of my little devotions. That's nice. The editor even wrote me a handwritten note that says, "It's been ten years since you submitted last. Don't wait so long next time. Write more . . . like very soon!" Thanks, Lynn . . .that's very inviting.

Then I open an email from some dude I've never heard of (almost deleted it, actually). He informs me that he is the lawyer who handles the subsidiary and publishing rights for Health Communications, Inc. in Florida. It seems that a magazine wants to publish a quote from my book, The Healing Touch (why, I'll never know!) and he wrote to ask: "Are you okay with that? Want to grant permission?" Quote away, I tell him. They can have as much of my stuff as they can stomach. Though why anyone would find anything I've written to be quotable . . . a real mystery.

Finally, I get both a voice mail and an email from GROUP publishing in Loveland, CO informing me that, yes, I'm going to be under a very tight deadline very soon to finish a youth ministry book that is to be titled: Youth Ministry For Tough Times. I now know who my senior editor is, who my layout artist is, and who will be working up a contract (which I still don't have).

All in all, not a bad night. Kind of makes me sad to go to sleep. Like, I might just stay right here and write for a couple of hours to meet that blasted deadline . . . .

No comments: