Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Writing Songs

In recent years I've noted that many musicians have written autobiographies. Some publish anthologies of their lyrics. And there are many creative ways that musicians have started getting their songs out there through the internet.

A few weekends ago I visited my brother and he reminded me that I was once the lead singer/songwriter for our band, MANNA--a group of post high school friends who were really terrible, but all of us had the bright idea we could sing. Actually, it's how I got my start preaching in churches. We played nearly every weekend some place; we sang original songs, made a few bucks; and I preached, usually, at the end.

Like my brother pointed out: we were short on talent, but we sure did have guts. I must have written twenty songs over a two year span. I played rhythm guitar. My brother played lead. We have two friends who played drums and bass.

We were BAAADDD! No, not the good kind of BAAADDD! Just Bad. I've not written another song since.

No comments: