Friday, February 15, 2008

Proofreading

At last I am nearing the completion of School's Out--the book I am writing for Abingdon. All of my royalties are going to Calvary's building projects, so I hope it makes a bundle.

Having completed the manuscript on Wednesday night, I am now proofing my own writing, which I hate. So far I have discovered four typos (small things like "an" instead of "and"), a couple of unheralded commas that I'm going to expunge, and one sentence that reads like I wrote it with a hack saw. All in all, though, not bad for a four month effort.

Some people want to know: once the book finds its way to print, do you ever sit down with the book and read it?

No way...I've read what I've written so many times in the writing itself, I'm sick of it. Although, every now and then, when I pick up a book I've completed, I often ask: "Did I write that?"

No comments: