Friday, February 29, 2008

Quotes

Every writer knows that good quotes are essential in an essay. I've got dozens of quote books that I use, and the internet is filled to overflowing with quotable quotations. Of course, I have my favorites, but tend to quote a little too much around the house, and from arcane sources. Such as:

Who wanted to take the shortcut? I didn't want to take the shortcut. Shortcut will only get us in trouble, I said to myself. But no, you wanted to take the shortcut.
Floyd the Barber, Andy Griffith Show, as said to Becky last week when we were late to a meeting. It was a cold night.

I'm not a smart man . . . but I know what love is.
Forrest Gump quote spoken to the dog as I filled his dish with food.

Stellllaaaaaa!!!!
From A Street Car Named Desire, yelled outside our bedroom window when Becky was still putting on her makeup and we were late for the same meeting in which I used the Floyd the Barber Quote. Very cold night. Very cold.

I once met the Dalai Lama. Nice guy, the Lama. He told me that, when I die, I will achieve total consciousness. So I have that going for me on the side.
Carl the Groundskeeper (Bill Murray), from Caddyshack, as spoken to a funeral director last week when I was preparing to walk in for a funeral service.

No comments: