Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Funny Valentine

Valentines Day is one of those occasions when I will break down and write poetry to my wife. I've written lines that have brought tears to her eyes and reduced her resistence to my advances to point where. . . Oh, well, here are the hiakus I'm giving her on Valentines Day. (And in case you've forgotten, a hiaku is a three line poem containing 5,7, and 5 syllables respectively.) Happy loving!

Sitting on the couch,
I am in love with Seinfeld.
Could you be Elaine?

Watching Gomer Pyle,
I feel the need to say it:
The dog really stinks.

Eating lots of chips,
I dream of holding you, babe.
Can you eat just one?

Sipping Nescafe,
My funny Valentine is
Nodding by the fire.

Now we turn out lights
And turn down red flannel sheets.
I have a headache.

No comments: