Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Reviews

Headline Note:  If any publisher or author out there wants me to review a book on this blog, send me a copy!  I'd be glad to read and comment.

Recently I discovered some new(er) book reviews for some of my titles and was confronted by the realization that most of these are now via social network over the internet rather than through print media.  It is rare to read a traditional book review, as many have now sifted to various home pages and blogs (like this one).

No doubt some folks might even regard this blog as a book review site (when I do review the books I'm reading) . . . but I hope that publishers and writers would take my comments with a grain of laughter and not get their panties in a bunch.  Reading, if anything, should be a pleasure.  And I'm one of those rare birds who would rather read a book than watch TV or scour the internet.  In fact, I'd rather spend my time looking at books on a shelf instead of looking at a screen!  So . . . send me your tired, your poor, your hungry . . . .

Most of the time, when I discover a review of one of my titles, the reviewer has found something of value in what I've written and seems glad to have a copy in hand.  I'm grateful for these small acts of generosity and comment, and would love to return the favor.

And, of course, if there are others out there who would like to read and review what I've written . . . drop me a line.  I'll buy a copy and send it your way.  It may be the only sale I'll make this month.  

No comments: