Sunday, June 12, 2011

Submitting Down Under

We truly live in a small world (after all).  On Sunday night I submitted one of my science fiction stories to a magazine in Australia.  A few years ago, such a thing would have been unthinkable . . . or would have taken weeks/months to orchestrate via airmail & response.

Some day I hope to get to the land down under:  land of the Sydney Opera House, the Great Barrier Reef, the kangaroo, and that biggest rock in the world thing.  The flight would be a bear, but with my new Kindle, I could manage by reading a few books in route.

Well, but I'm always stoked when I submit a story.  I feel like a proud father, and I always think somebody out there is going to appreciate what I've birthed.  Perhaps the story looks just like me. 

The only problem with foreign magazines is . . . finding one on the newsstand.  Something tells me an Australian magazine would not be as prevalent as O (Oprah's spread).  I might have to order a copy online.

That, or I might have to save enough money for airfare.  A trip down under to buy a magazine.  There are worse reasons to travel.

No comments: