Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What's on Your Calendar?


In the event there are other radio or television shows desiring to interview me about my latest book, let me first explain that my upcoming calendar is very full. I live by my calendar, and have many very important events that I must attend. So, I'll have to squeeze my interviews into the following:

July 20--Annual weenie roast at our house featuring Oscar Mayer (my Bologna has a "first name" too) and Bush's Baked Beans and Three-bean salad. With this many beans, I need three days to recover and get my digestive tract under control.

July 22--Attending Doobie Brothers Concert @ Verizon Wireless Center, less the doobie. I will, however, be smuggling in two Oreo cookies and a can of Pringles.

July 25--Beginning of family vacation in some small Michigan town. This vacation will extend for six days and will include singing "Old MacDonald" in the van, several fast-food stops, and various forays into the wild to find a hollow-stump port-o-let. Our family will try to make $257.89 stretch into eighteen meals and four one-day passes at an amusement park. If the wife and I have a private bedroom in the rental condo, we won't need the amusement park portion of the vacation package.

July 31--Return from family vacation with $1.27 and two pounds of beach sand covering the floorboards of the van. Package sand and sell it for $2.00 to the kids next door or put it in the cat's litterbox as recyclable material.

August 4--Annual check-up with family doctor whereby he (a) checks prostate (b) makes comment on how secure I seem in my manhood while he is checking my prostate and (c) would I like to have a drink with him later?

August 5--Spend day in bed because I can't walk from having my prostate checked. Consider giving the doc a call for drinks later.

As you can see, my calendar is loaded . . . and I hope this tiny peek into the my busy and fun-filled life will give television and radio producers pause before they call me.

No comments: