Friday, July 16, 2010

LOL


It's been some time since I've offered an overview of my reading activities, but my shelves have become littered with summer books I have purchased and intend to read, and even more books that I have purchased and hope that, someday, I'll be able to discover them again after they get buried.

A great many of these are humor volumes.

For example, in the past month I've knocked out Humor Me, by Ian Frazier, Disquiet Please!: A Collection of Humor from The New Yorker, I Love You, Miss Hudleston, by Phil Gulley, The Seinfeld Scripts (from Season 1 & 2), and Best Thought, Worst Thought, by Paterson.

Among the humor books, though, George Carlin's, When When Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? is the raunchiest, bawdiest, weirdest, foulest, and most off-the-wall book of stand-up humor I've read in a long time. That's why I read it all.

And now, as I make my plans for further reading, I'm hoping to tackle, The Mysterious Theft of the Mona Lisa, by R.A. Scott, American Saint: A Biography of Francis Asbury, and a massive stack of poetry books by various older and contemporary poets.

Until next time . . . keep reading and LOL.

No comments: