Thursday, August 6, 2009

Love Boat: Day Two


(Becky touching the hot lava/mineral water)

Our stop at St. Lucia was fascinating. We jumped into a cab and headed across the island to walk down into an active volcano. This was Becky's idea and she thought she could take some photos and get some new science ideas and information.


Of course, I brought along a book to read. I take a book everywhere I go. Even inside volcanoes.

"Why don't you leave your book on the ship," says Becky.
"Because I might find a lull here or there and be able to read a chapter of John Grisham," says I.
"But you need to help me write up some of this information about volcanoes," says Becky.
"Don't worry," says I. "They don't sacrifice virgins to the fire anymore. So you got nothing to worry about."

Still, the science teacher in her wanted to get awfully close to the fire.

No comments: