Friday, August 7, 2009

Love Boat: Day Three





(Me & The Hot Momma)

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Becky and I enjoyed our third day on the islands the best. We found ourselves in a taxi, driving across the island of Antigua to an incredibly beautiful, yet somewhat secluded, beach. We rented shaded deck chairs for the day, slumped into our laid back positions, and roasted.

I brought along my second John Grisham book, The Appeal, and probably read half of that book in a single sitting. But the water was alluring, too. Warm like bath water, and an aqua blue hue to boot.

I also used my day on Antigua to begin drawing up outlines of some books I hope to write later this year. But every time I looked out on the water, I couldn't concentrate. So . . . I got no writing accomplished on Antigua.

Still, there was my love letter installment waiting back in the stateroom on the cruise ship. And the night was young.

1 comment:

Smithlings said...

LOVE the photos & the commentary... You two "newlyweds" look like you enjoyed a relaxing time on your well-deserved trip! You have a beautiful bride, Mr. Outcalt. Congrats on 25 years!!!

So, does the clean-shaven look stick around for a while? :-)