Sunday, December 19, 2010

Weekend Update


Weekends are often dicey when it comes to writing. But these past two days I've spent the bulk of the evenings making strides on book proposals and essays I intend to place in 2011. It's not much of a life, sitting at home on a Friday night hunkered over a 40-watt bulb making revisions to a 35-page manuscript on a 14-year-old computer monitor that often sparks into flame (literally). I blow out the monitor like a candle flame and keep working. For some reason, the monitor just keeps chugging along. I fully intend to eek one more book out of it. Just one more!

I also wrote my agent (I like saying "I wrote my agent") on Saturday morning, assuring her that, yes, help is on the way and I am intending to give her a pile of new books in 2011.

Looking back on this year, I didn't have a single book-length manuscript published--an anomaly for me in the past 12 years--but who knows . . . in 2011 I might have several books to produce.

Until then, a writer must write. A writer must produce. Every day. Even on the weekends.

No comments: