Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Briefs Boxers or Books?


The pact is still intact. My mother and my aunt have asked for my Christmas "book list" along with my usual boxers or briefs selection from Goodwill. Thank God, I'll take books. Goodwill is within walking distance of my house and a package of Goodwill undies is just ten cents.

So, what's on my book list this year?

Well, I guess I could use a book about underwear. The Boxer's Guide to Boxer Shorts, by Mike Tyson comes to mind or 101 Brief Encounters: My Life Between the Cotton Waistband, by Fruit of the Loom, Inc.

But among books that I'd love to read in 2011:

The Best American Short Stories, 2010
The Best American Mystery Stories, 2010
The Best American Essays, 2010
Squirrel Meets Chipmunk, by David Sedaris
Orbiting the Giant Hairball (a leadership book)
The Library of America: Novels of Saul Bellow, Vols 1 & 2
W.S. Merwin, The Second Four Books of Poems

Well, but I truly don't want anything for Christmas. My wife and kids won't be getting me anything. But I might find a book or two under the tree if Santa visits.

No comments: