Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lighten Up



Since I had ten minutes before bedtime last night (after my Andy Griffith Show Bible Study) and before getting up early to write . . . I thought I'd compose a poem. Enjoy.




Lighten Up



Sometimes when life gets serious
And there's not a laugh to be found
Well it's then, my friend,
You expose your end
By yanking your drawers to the ground.



Some people might shriek from the horror
And others might yelp like a pup,
But when serious stuff
Has gone far enough
Then it's time to lighten up.



When the boss is all gruff with instruction
And the workers are low on morale
You can bring a swift end
If you fart in the wind
And watch how they're laughing now.



Or when your domestic affairs
Have grown quite cold and corrupt
Stop talking of money
And go goose your honey
And tell her to lighten up.



In times of distress or confusion
When the whole world is talking THE END,
You can bring a swift fate
To depression and hate
By giving a wedgie, my friend.



So if by some irony dark
After drinking my very last cup
While my funeral is heard
I'll still have the last word
When I tell them to lighten up.

No comments: