Saturday, October 3, 2009

Walking Through the Amazon


The Amazon jungle is large. So is the Web counterpart.

Last week, I visited Amazon out of curiosity, just to see how some of my newer books were selling (each book is given a ranking #), and I typed in my name. Much to my surprise, my name pulled up over fifty books.

I haven't written that many, but evidently an Amazon name search pulls up references to a name from every conceivable angle. I found, for example, that some of these books were tagged because another author had quoted from one of my books (who quotes ME on anything?). Other books were tagged because one or more of my books was included in a bibliography. And I also found a book where someone had mentioned my name in the acknowledgements (who acknowledges ME for anything?).

I also discovered that many of these books were ones I had contributed to over the years . . . books where I had written an essay, an introduction, or a blub. Many I had forgotten about.

But that's another blog.

No comments: