Monday, October 5, 2009

My [Other] Books


The other day I was reading another author's bio and happened to note that it read something like, "Author of five books who has also contributed to more than a dozen other titles."

Well, now, if we're going to talk about "contributions" to other books as "books", then I've got to rework my whole bio. But it did get me to thinking: Just how many books HAVE I contributed to? What other titles out there include one of my essays, articles or stories?

Holy Moley . . . let me think. Here's the short list (in no particular order), and I'm sure there are others.

Training Youth For Dynamic Leadership (Group)
Object Lessons for Youth Ministry (Group)
Worship Ideas for Youth Ministry (Group)
Jumpstarters for Discussions (Group)
Sunday School Attendance Boosters (Group)
Games for All Ages (Group)
Gigantic Book of Games, Vol 1 (Group)
Gigantic Book of Games, Vol 2 (Group)
Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul (HCI)
Daily Inspirations for the Recovering Soul (HCI)
The Ultimate Teacher (HCI)
The Ultimate Mom (HCI)
The Ultimate Christmas (HCI)
The Youth Bible (Group)

What is that? Fourteen? And that's just the ones I found on my shelves. I also recall writing one of our Cokesbury Vacation Bible School kits (I'll have to write about that next blog), and I also wrote a series of three books for persons with mental retardation (that was way back, and I'll have to write a blog on this, too). And I'm sure I have a couple of books not on my shelves, which would probably bring the total to something like . . . oh, twenty or so books I've contributed to.

Mama Mia, that's a lot of writing that I've forgotten about. Do I get to say I've written or contributed to forty books, then, in my next bio? Nah. If it ain't got my name on the cover, it don't count, honey.

No comments: