Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Writing Break




It's a fact: I sometimes run out of steam and cannot write. Or, to put it more accurately, I get so tired I just can't think well enough to write.



On Saturday, I decided to work outside and try to make the yard look like the plush, garden paradise you see on the left. But, in fact, our house and property is more akin to sophisticated "white trash" . . . and our property looks more like the scene on the right.


One thing is for sure. I burned calories. I lost weight. I am officially wasting away inside this thin emaciated shell of a he-man body. I'm tired. And now it is time to sabbath.


And with sabbath rest comes a renewed energy for late night writing sessions . . . and I'm going to have to step into that sandbox more frequently as the year presses on. And some day, I'm going to earn enough to buy myself a new car.

No comments: