Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Tools . . . Same Results


A few weeks ago my wife and son finally wore me down and I agreed to buy a new laptop computer for the family. Well, I was against it then, but I'm all for it now. The fact is, I'm loving my new lap top option for writing.

Take, for example, this Sunday afternoon. After a fantastic confirmation (thanks Michelle and Andrew), I came home, reclined on the couch, turned on the lap top, and have made plans to write for three hours. I didn't have to sit in a chair. Didn't have to prop up my spine with a yard stick. I just lay there on the couch, in silence, eating an entire bag of Jujjy Fruit (the 25 pound, Sam's Club variety) as I typed. Eventually I fell asleep and began to lose weight since I wasn't eating.

I'll soon be three hours closer to another great book proposal and I'm actually rested. Sure, I fell asleep at one point and slobbered on the keyboard, but that's part of the fun. Spittle is a blast. I might even write an article about it.

Now . . .Heigh-O-Silver . . .onto the youth meeting at church!

No comments: