Saturday, April 18, 2009

Piles & Piles


During the past three weeks, while I was writing my "Secret Agent" blogs, I was working frantically each night rewriting a manuscript that I had to produce before April 15 (D-Day). There were 10 consecutive nights when I stayed up to write until my eyelids were so heavy, I finally just dropped off into sleep. But as Larry "The Cable Guy" says: I got'er done!

The result was a very thick pile of manuscript that is now in the hands of capable editors, and they are frantically culling through my words and sentences now to bring another book to press by September. This will be the fastest turnaround and book production I have participated in . . . ever! It was a whirlwind effort on the part of many, and it will be interesting to see how the publisher gets this one onto the shelves so quickly. Talk about fast-tracking.

On Friday morning, however, I rose with a new-found energy. (I always feel great after I complete a writing assignment, especially a BIG ONE, and can then focus my attention on the next project.) I decided on Friday to begin my own summer project . . . culling through mounds of writing I have literally dumped into a closet in my home study. Most of this stuff is junk, but I hope to discover a few diamonds in the rough. It's going to truly be a summer project that will require my grit and determination, not to mention a strong back, but I'm looking forward to sorting, organizing, and filing work that I literally dumped on the shelves when I moved to Brownsburg. (The picture above is not far off, though a bit over the top . . . I mean, I haven't written THAT MUCH.)

But I will wish myself luck. LUCK!

No comments: