Monday, April 27, 2009

My New Book


I have two new books. The first, Your Beautiful Wedding on Any Budget, was to be published May 1, but the publisher was able to get it into circulation a bit early. I'm grateful to the wonderful people at Sourcebooks for giving me this opportunity to write a book that can benefit brides (especially those who desire to create a debt-free wedding). I thank Shana and Deborah and everyone at Sourcebooks who saw the promise in this title. It's a beautifully published book, if I do say so myself.

Helping brides and grooms to have a debt free wedding today is a difficult task. The average wedding in America (including reception) now tops the charts at a whopping $28,000. This is average!

Heck, when Becky and I got married twenty-five years ago (we do have our 25th wedding anniversary this summer) we had a very simple ceremony. The greatest cost consisted of the rented tuxedos and my wife's wedding dress (which she only wore the one time, but don't get me started on that waste of money). And our reception was held in the church fellowship hall and included nothing for the guests but cake and punch (and it was probably Betty Crocker and High-C). Our honeymoon consisted of driving across country in a rattletrap car to Myrtle Beach, for one day only, as I had to return to Duke the following Monday and begin paying out huge boatloads of money for tuition.

Total cost for our wedding. . . I don't even want to mention how absolutely CHEAP it was. And now I get to pass along my financially-savvy wisdom to other brides and grooms who are totally out of control.

Hope they buy my book. It WILL save them a lot of money and heartache if they do. And I'm convinced it will save many couples from financial ruin.


No comments: