Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Column

Last Saturday I received my copy of Together magazine . . . our Indiana area publication for the United Methodist Church. The issue contained a column I had written some weeks before.

Now, usually I don't hear much about the column, but for some reason I have already received numerous comments, emails, and phone calls about this one. Okay, so maybe it was a bit funnier than usual. I even had a box of donuts delivered to the office this week in honor of my prowess for pastries.

Well, I'll have to thank Dan Gangler for giving me the opportunity to write the column. Every month, I wonder if I have anything else to write about, and it's difficult for me to believe that I've actually been doing the column for nearly five years now.

And since this last column closed with a reference to new underwear, I'm wondering if I can do something with that. My mom would appreciate it. She bought me new undies for my birthday in October, and Christmas is approaching quickly. I know that, when it comes to the feel of cotton underneath, I'm still a man of the cloth.

And yes, I can make clergy jokes with the best of them!

No comments: