Saturday, October 18, 2008

Book Delivery

On Friday it came in the mail: a small box addressed to me. I knew what it was an opened it immediately. It was my author's copy of a book published by HCI (Health Communications, Inc.) entitled: The Ultimate Christmas.

Not much, really. But the book did contain two of my Christmas memoirs, both previously unpublished.

I'll consider this my first Christmas gift of the season (an early bird special). I did look at it briefly, I told my wife and daughter that the book had arrived, they feigned mock interest, and so I stashed it on the shelf . . . another book I've contributed to (I have roughly twenty of these contributors books on my shelves--in addition to my own titles--and some of these books actually have my name on the cover).

Oh, well . . . somebody, somewhere is going to read it, I guess. Or maybe it's too early to think about Christmas. But it will be there, staring blankly back and me, when it's ready to be opened.

No comments: