Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Writing Space #5


Soon people will be able to see many of Stephen King's books on his interactive web site. But for now, you can see mine.
Here are most of my published works, including books in Chinese, Korean, and Portuguese. Why some have been translated, I don't know . . . . People read Mr. King's books. These are the only existing copies of mine!
Mr. King creates imaginative titles for his books, such as The Tommyknockers, The Shining, and The Green Mile. I might as well have numbered my books and titled them, Here's Number one, Here's Number Two, etc.
Mr. King goes on twelve city book tours sponsored and paid for by his publisher. I, on the other hand, had to drive to both of my book signings, and the manager had forgotten to order the books . . . so I ended up shaking hands with the three people who showed.
Mr. King has had a long-standing practice of signing any books his fans send to him, if they include return postage. I, too, follow this sacred practice. I live on 700 N. in Brownsburg and if people don't want to mail my books to me, they can chuck them out the car window as they drive by. I have a large ditch.

No comments: